Learn How to Take Stunning Night Photos with Your Digital Camera
by Brian Ventrudo, Publisher of CosmicPursuits.com
Whether you’re interested in taking pictures of the Milky Way or of other natural or urban scenes, this excellent course on Night Photography from the folks at Digital Photography School will save you a lot of time and trial-and-error frustration. Taught by expert night photographer Jim Hamel, this course will have you taking stunning nightscapes of city and sky very quickly without the need to invest in needlessly complex and expensive gear. It’s a great way to get up to speed on this rewarding type of digital photography.
Night Photography includes more than six hours of video instruction that will show you how to:
- Select the best cameras, lenses, and other accessories for night photography- or make the best use of the equipment you already have
- Understand the basics of exposure, and master the many scenarios you will come across when taking images at night
- Compose and frame night photos for the most appealing and artistic result in your final images
- Process your night and nightscape images using standard off-the-shelf software (this is a critical step to getting first-rate images)
- Add interesting effects to your night images include light trails and star trails
The course also helps you fine tune your skills through several “field work” videos, mostly in urban settings, but also one that involves imaging the night sky.
The course is hosted at Digital-Photography-School.com, one of the best sources of online photography instruction with thousands of students and more than 15 years experience in online teaching. Night Photography comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, so you’re free to try the course out and see if it works for you.
To get started with the Night Photography course, click here to learn more at the course page at the Digital-Photography-School.com website.
Digital Photography School also has many other courses, e-books, and thousands of free articles related to all types of photography. As nightscape imager, I very much enjoyed their Landscape and Nature Photography course, which has tons of good ideas for composing landscapes that also work well for nightscape photography. And after all, most nightscape photographers also like to take beautiful and memorable pictures by day as well with their DSLRs and point-and-shoot cameras.
(Note: If you use the links above to purchase the courses, CosmicPursuits.com gets a small commission from the purchase. It costs you nothing extra at all, but it’s a great way for you to help support our website!)